top of page

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What Services do you provide?

We are an Education Agency that helps and guides you on your preferred way of studying, working or travelling abroad. We can help you with:

  • Finding a course that matches your interests

  • Providing you with affordable course fee options

  • Finding a health cover provider to satisfy your visa requirements

  • Guiding you on how to find a job and accommodation

  • Assist with your student visa application

How much does your services cost?

Please get in touch with us for further information on student pathways and course fees. We offer customised plans that match your preferences.

What should I submit with my student application?

Applicants who want to work or commence studies in Australia need to supply the following documentation:
– Your most current resume or CV (from the last 5 years)

– Your employment history
– Coloured copy of your passport, which is valid for the duration of your stay in Australia.
– Certified copy of your references and academic records.
– Current English test results (must be original) or proof of evidence that English was the primary language that you studied under. (We can help you find English language schools in Australia).

We provide a detailed questionnaire for all our prospective students. This questionnaire is an important piece in the process of understanding your needs and prospects to study in Australia.

When should I apply?

It will depend on which school you are applying to, but starting 6 to 12 months in advance is generally a good idea.

Can I study and work in Australia?

Student visas allow you to work part-time (40 hours per fortnight maximum) and are valid for the duration of your studies. Before you apply for a visa, you will need your confirmation of enrolment (COE) certificate from an institution in Australia. Book a course with us, and we'll help you successfully apply for a student visa.

What does VET and TAFE mean?

TAFE is part of Australia's Vocational Education and Training (VET) system and the largest provider of post-secondary education services. There are various courses to choose from, such as Nursing and Healthcare, Information Technology (IT, Trades and Construction, Early Childhood Education and Care, Community Services and Social Work.

Do I need Health Insurance?

All students applying for student visas must take out health insurance called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Dental and optometry costs are not included. Getting extra travel insurance to cover baggage loss, flight cancellation, and return to your country is strongly advised.

Vaccines and Health Information

Some countries require you to show proof of certain vaccines when you arrive or leave. You may also need to provide evidence to some airlines and cruise lines before boarding.

Only your GP (general practitioner), travel doctor or other medical specialist can advise what vaccinations and preventative health measures you should take. See your doctor to find out what is right for you.

Do I need Travel Insurance?

Visitors to Australia are strongly advised to take out travel insurance. Most travel insurance policies will cover medical expenses (including hospitalisation), cancellation charges, luggage, personal effects, travel documents, money, hijacking, death, disability, loss of income, personal liability, and additional expenses.

What translations do you offer?

We offer certified translators listed on the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) website. Please get in touch with us for further information.

What is the difference between an immigration agent (Registered Migration Agent (RMA) or Lawyer) and an Education Agent?

A Registered Migration Agent or Lawyer is a qualified practitioner allowed to provide visa assistance and advice. If you require assistance, visit the Australian Lawyers Directory.


As an Education Agent or Education Agency is a more affordable option, our role is to speak to individual students who want to study overseas; we provide assistance with enrolment and admissions applications, answer questions on behalf of education providers, help with student visa submission, and can help with finding accommodation and transport options.

Do you provide immigration advice?

No, we do not provide immigration advice or visa advice. Please consult a Registered Migration Agent or Immigration Lawyer if you require assistance.

Student Amigos is an education agency and cannot provide you with immigration advice. We can translate basic student visa information or translations that are publically available on the Australian Government Home Affairs Department website. 

bottom of page